What is a 'Temporary Hold'?
When you unlock a Neuron vehicle, a temporary hold of $6 (Canada, Australia and New Zealand) or £3 (United Kingdom) will be made. However, if you have more than $30/£15 in your eWallet for a Group Ride or more than $6/£3 in your eWallet for a Single Ride, a temporary hold will not occur.
This temporary hold simply ensures that there will be sufficient funds available for your ride. Please note, if you have an active Neuron pass, no temporary hold will be required for a single ride.
What happens if I have insufficient funds in my selected payment method?
- Temporary hold exceeds trip fare - If the trip fare costs less than $6/£3, you will only be charged for the cost of the trip fare and the remaining amount from the temporary hold will be returned to you within 10 business days.
- Trip fare exceeds temporary hold - If the trip fare costs more than $6/£3, the cost of the trip fare will be charged directly from the temporary hold and the outstanding amount will be charged to you as a pending payment.
Why has a small sum been withdrawn from my account?
Please note this is only a temporary hold on your account, when you scan to ride, we will temporarily place a hold on behalf of Neuron to ensure there is enough funds to be charged at the end of your ride.
What happens if my ride is less than my trip amount?
If your ride is less than the temporarily held amount, we will credit the remaining balance back into your account once your trip has ended and the remaining amount will be returned immediately. It may take up to 10 business days for this amount to appear on your bank statement.
Why has my 'Temporary Hold' failed?
This will be related to one of two reasons:
- You do not have sufficient funds in your account
- There is a potential banking issue, in which we suggest you contact your financial institution
* If you have another account, please restart the process and try again.