Helmet Safety Awareness Week
Terms of Participation
As part of Helmet Safety Awareness Week, we would like to see and showcase your photos wearing Neuron’s helmet to promote the importance of safety when riding.
The best photos or captions will win free monthly passes!
By entering the Contest, you confirm that you have read and accepted these Terms of Participation. You may revoke your consent at any time by withdrawing from the Contest before the end date of the Contest Period (e.g. deleting your entry or untagging #RideNeuron before 10 October 2021).
PROMOTER NAME AND ADDRESS
Neuron Mobility (Canada) Limited of 777 Dunsmuir Street, Suite 1700, Vancouver BC V7Y 1K4, Canada (“Neuron”).
Total value: CAD$2,403
|Number of this prize||Value (per prize) inclusive of GST/HST|
Twelve (12) x 30-day Neuron pass
Three (3) x 30-day Neuron pass
- Start date: 1 October 2021 at 12:00am EDT
- End date: 10 October 2021 at 11:59pm EDT
1. You must be a Canadian resident.
2. You must:
(i) be at least the age of majority in your province or territory; or
(ii) have the consent of your parent or legal guardian if you are using Neuron services where
applicable Riding Rules permit persons aged 16 or older.
3. You must not be an employee, casual worker, consultant, contractor or intern of Neuron, or their
1. There is no entry fee to enter the Contest.
2. To enter the Contest, you must:
(i) follow the @rideneuron.ca Instagram account; and
(ii) post a photo of either yourself on Instagram either:
a. wearing Neuron’s helmet, securely fitted and used in compliance with your local Riding
b. posing with the props at a #ScootSafe event photo booth; and
(iii) tag #RideNeuron.
By completing (i) to (iii) during the Contest Period, you submit one entry into the Contest. Multiple entries are accepted, but each entry must be unique and comply with the Terms of Participation.
3. Your Instagram account privacy setting must be set to public for Neuron to see your tagged photos.
4. Once posted, your photo must remain on your Instagram account until the end of the Contest
Period, otherwise your entry will not be acknowledged.
5. You are eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize.
6. Entry and continued participation in the Contest is dependent on you following and acting in
out in the Instagram promotion guidelines. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest must
be directed to Neuron, not to Instagram. You release Instagram and its associated companies from
all liabilities arising in respect of the Contest and you acknowledge that the Contest is in no way
sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
JUDGING AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
1. Neuron will review all eligible and valid entries submitted through Instagram during the Contest
Period and the photos will be judged, at Neuron’s sole discretion, on the overall composition,
creativity and originality of the photo or caption. A shortlist of six (6) entities will be selected on this
basis with the Grand Prize awarded to the best one (1) entry amongst the shortlist and the Other
Prizes will be awarded to the remaining shortlist entries. This is a game of skill and chance plays no
part in determining the winners.
2. If you are selected as a winner, you will be contacted by 15 October 2021 through Instagram direct
message. You will be asked to provide the email address used for your Neuron account within five
(5) calendar days of the date of the direct message. After verifying your email address, Neuron will
then send you an email with instructions. If you cannot be contacted or do not provide your email
address by the time specified by Neuron, you are deemed to have forfeited the prize and Neuron is
not obliged to substitute the prize.
3. If a prize is forfeited, Neuron reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry.
4. The winners will be announced and published on Neuron’s @rideneuron.ca Instagram account on
20 October 2021 and may also be shared on social media accounts of Neuron’s associate
5. Neuron’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Contest is final and binding on every entry and no
correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and
must be used by the dates specified by Neuron.
LIABILITY AND RIGHTS
1. By entering the Contest, you warrant that: (1) you agree and fully comply with the Contest Terms of
Participation; (2) your entry is an original work and does not infringe the rights (including copyright)
of any other person; and (3) the photo does not infringe the rights of any third party and that
permission has been obtained to use the image of any person included in any submitted photos for
the purposes set out in the Contest Terms of Participation. You agree to indemnify Neuron and its
associated companies in relation to any loss or damage resulting from the breach of warranty.
2. Neuron is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected
entries whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, destruction, transmission
interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
3. You retain the property rights to the entry. By submitting your entry as part of the Contest, you
acknowledge and grant Neuron and its sub-licensees, without compensation, an irrevocable,
worldwide, royalty free, sub-licenseable licence to use, reproduce and publish any entry (including
pictures and written material as part of any entry) in any media (including on Neuron’s Facebook
respective Neuron affiliated pages) for the purpose of: (a) advertising, promoting, marketing or
publicising the Contest; or (b) any future promotional, advertising and/or publicity activities for
similar promotions in relation to helmet safety.
4. Neuron reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of your entry and your details (including
your identity, age and place of residence) if you win the Contest. In the event that you cannot
provide suitable proof as required by Neuron to validate your entry, you will be deemed to forfeit
the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
5. All prize values are correct at the time of the Contest Period. Neuron shall not be responsible for
variations in the prize value.
6. Neuron accepts no responsibility for any tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the
7. Neuron reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to exclude or remove your entry from
the Contest at any time without informing you if Neuron assesses your entry to be illegal, offensive
or in violation of the Terms of Participation.
8. Neuron reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest at its sole discretion at any
time for good cause without prior notice. This applies in particular to reasons that would disrupt or
prevent the scheduled running of the Contest, including by reason of computer virus,
communications network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failure or any
cause beyond the control of Neuron.
9. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release from, and indemnify Neuron and its associated
companies against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or
participation in the Contest including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity,
personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some
negligent act or omission or otherwise. This release and indemnification will survive indefinitely
beyond the end date of the Contest Period.
Should individual provisions of the Terms of Participation be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining Terms of Participation shall remain unaffected. They shall be replaced by an appropriate provision which corresponds as closely as possible to the purpose of the invalid provision.