When you unlock a Neuron vehicle, a temporary hold of $6 (CA, AU and NZ) or £3 (UK) may be made for a single ride. For a group ride, a temporary hold of $10 (CA, AU and NZ) or £5 (UK) will be made. This temporary hold simply ensures that there will be sufficient funds available for your ride.
Please note, when your ride ends, your fare will first be deducted from your temporary hold. If your ride exceeds that amount, we will deduct the remaining trip fare amount from your selected payment method. If your ride is less than the temporarily held amount, we will return the remaining balance back into your bank account.
Please note, your bank may take up to 10 days, if you require further information, please contact your bank or financial institution.
A temporary hold will not occur in the following conditions:
- If you have more than $50/£25 in your eWallet for a group ride; or
- If you have more than $6/£3 in your eWallet for a single ride; or
- If you have an active Neuron pass for a single ride.
I noticed a charge that does not seem right
To help you understand what each trip charge looks like on your bank statement, we have broken it down into four categories. Please refer to this page for more information on the different categories.
Why has my temporary hold failed?
This will be related to one of two reasons:
- You do not have sufficient funds in your account; or
- There is a potential banking issue, in which we suggest you contact your financial institution